Friday, May 13, 2011

Back online!

Several weeks ago, we decided to give up our cable. Well, not really. We were paying for a home phone line in our package that we weren't using, so we had to cancel all of our services while we had a break in our contract. So that meant our cable and Internet went along with the phone service.

We are now back online and I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to be able to do email, pay bills, and, yes, even check Facebook, from my computer (web surfing just isn't the same on a phone).

But, surprisingly, we haven't missed the cable. Sure, there are some programs I want to catch up on (Glee, the Office, Modern Family!), but Jon and I both realize how much more productive we are without it. And we sit down and eat dinner together (most nights)...and have actual conversations :) We still look forward to our Netflix movies, but we are no longer tied to our TV, and can get out and enjoy this great spring weather!

I have A LOT of blogging to catch up on, including several videos that I can't seem to upload right now, so I'll do my best over the next couple of days to catch up on all of our Amelia developments.

2 comments:

  1. So are you still without cable? I know Mark sometimes misses watching sports but I really don't miss watching TV at all. I don't know how I would get anything done if I sat down to watch TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still without cable. Jon definitely misses the sports, but other than that we don't miss it at all. We are certainly more productive without it. And the extra $100 a month isn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete