Monday, May 3, 2010

Scare and realization

We had a good day yesterday - we had a great date night (dinner and movie...and I highly recommend How to Train Your Dragon...super cute!). We got home and took the dogs for a walk. When we got home, the dogs crashed in the front yard, so we were all hanging out enjoying the weather. I don't pretend we have the most well-behaved dogs, but given they were exhausted from the walk, I didn't think much about it when a woman came down the sidewalk with her two dogs. Capone decided he HAD to play with the dogs, and I was not at all prepared to hold him back. Somehow I ended up twisted, on my stomach, and dragged across the yard. In normal circumstances, I would have found the entire situation funny (embarrassing due to my poorly behaved dog, but still funny).

However, I.freaked.out. I was terrified that I had somehow just injured the baby. I broke down in tears, scared of what may have just happened. And then I realized (yet again) what an amazing husband I have - he may not always say the right thing, but he sure knows when it's the right time to make it count. After reassuring me that my body is built to take way more than that, I calmed down. I've felt her move a lot today, so I know she's doing well.

I knew I loved this little girl, but I had NO IDEA how incredibly attached I am to her. The realization that I would do absolutely anything to protect her was quite amazing.

1 comment: